The World of Sadhadur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  AffiliatesAffiliates  RPG SanctuaryRPG Sanctuary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  ContributeContribute  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Character Profile
Name: Szadek Karthro
Race: Parun/Vampire

From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek Empty
PostSubject: From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek   From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:30 am

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Centuries before the Karthro Dynasty had gained it's 'bad' name from the people who had been forced to move from their death-ridden plane, A Royal family of Vampires ruled over the great Empire of what is now known as 'Old Szadin'...or the Shadow Nexus. Back then, life was good for all; There was little warfare, as the Karthro family knew how to keep their people loyal, and in check...the economy was up to it's peak, with all the surrounding planes being largely in debt to Old Szadin and the Karthro Dynasty that overruled the kingdom...and the all around atmosphere of the dynasty was very tranquil... The teterogen farmers stuck to their crops, cultivating an army of undead soldiers for the Royal family on the turn of each new moon. The Royal family's hunters - An elite squad that consisted only of Devkarin Elves that ranked 'Hunt Master' - brought semi-dead prey back at the end of each week...on which the Royal Family fed the entire populace of the city that surrounded their stronghold. The leftovers from such feasts were then passed on to the untouchables, so that no single man, woman, or child would ever starve under the watch of the Karthro family. The Devkarins' cousin breed of Elf, the Drow, were called in at the first sign of hostility or revolt...They made very skilled warriors, and were unmatched in assassination skills...and as such, they were used to quickly rid the Dynasty of any upcoming dangerous situations...

That was, of course, until the Royal family gave birth to twin sons...Szain, and Szadek. The younglings were identical, in every way imaginable, and used this to their advantage whenever something bad would happen. Growing up, they were partners in crime, though it was always believed by the Elders that Szain was the mastermind behind it all. This went on for a few years...Szain would always take the blame for some sort of Ancient spell destroying something in the Keep. It wasn't until one of these such spells actually destroyed Szain, that the Elders realized just what they had in their grasp by way of both danger...and power...in their younger child, Szadek.

When Szadek had turned nine, he had already somehow managed the power and discipline necessary to force thoughts and images into even those around the Keep with strong wills. By the age of thirteen, he was able to bend and manipulate the light around himself - as well as other objects - to make the target seem simply non existent. By fourteen, he was able to deny anything within his immediate surroundings existence...meaning it simply was no more, because that was what he had chosen for it. By sixteen, Szadek had completely mastered all forms of Illusionary magics...except for those written in the Ancient Script. Just before Szadek turned seventeen years of age, he had completely mastered all forms of Illusionary Magic, and had began studying in the Ancient Arts. When he was eighteen, Szadek lost his twin brother to a portal into a dimensional void that he had summoned. Shortly after, Szadek had mastered the entirety of the Archived Ancient Arts. Every Art ever used by an Ancient Being that had ever been recorded...all of that knowledge had been soaked up like a sponge... And it was all waiting to come out.

Finally, when Szadek was nearing his twentieth birthday, this information had it's chance to be used. It happened when Szadek had been caught by the Elders sneaking to the archives to continue his search for arts he had not yet learned. At that time, the elders had chosen to deem him a very dangerous, though valuable asset. The former, however, outweighed the later, and Szadek was banned for his immortal life from the archives, which had then been sealed by the Elders, to keep the young Prince out. When the Karthro family learned of this, it was decided that their son's actions had brought shame to the Karthro name. How could the people over whom they ruled take the family seriously as leaders, if they could not even keep their own son in check? So it was with great discomfort, that Xaiz, Szadek's father, and King of Szadin, had decided to disown, and banish, Szadek from the Dynasty.

For decades following, Szadek could feel the sting of the laughter, and the words that were spoken to him about shame, and other such things as he made that shameful walk out through the city gates. For decades, Szadek plotted a destructive path from his new home at the base of the Kaigain Mountains to Szadin, and to the Dynasty itself. In those decades, Szadek simply dwelled on the anger that burned in his heart at his family's choice to disown him and make an example of him. He allowed that rage to grow...as he thought about the townspeople that ridiculed him as he made his painful leave...until finally, it had grown to a mass of unmeasurable hatred...unfathomable rage that tore at his soul to retaliate. This rage...this hatred...brought about the memories of the god of Destruction, Kagore. Sitting there, in the dark of his ramshackle home, a maniacal smile played it's presence on Szadek's face...and closed his eyes...and prayed.
Back to top Go down
https://tibgg.rpg-board.net
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek   From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:11 am

Chapter 2 - The Coming of a God

Kagore...God of Deception...I call upon you, now, as your servant. Hear my plea to rid this world of those who have shunned me away from my home. Help me show them the true horror that is your prowess. Help me show these...fools...the true power of God of Deception, for whom following I have been thrown from my residence. Give me the power to take the reigns and rule over these curs, that they may know what is it to live in darkness...in fear...in true respect of the power that I hold under your grace. I summon thee, oh god of Deception, that you may reign down this hatred...and pain...and rage that has built up within my core. Allow me to become your right hand, Oh Kagore, and allow me throw these insignificant beings into true Chaos...

The words flowed from his mind, as the feelings did from his core. He knew the God of Deception would hear his calling...and he knew that Kagore would answer. What he had not planned on, was the answer coming so swiftly... A dark iridescent pillar light filtered down through the roof of his shack, as if the small structure had no roof to it at all. As the broad pillar of light touched base on the Parun, a thunderous voice rocked the very ground on which he sat. The effects sent small pieces of lumbar tumbling around Szadek...but he did not care. Instead, he splayed his arms, and looked to the source, as the voice that only he could hear reached his mind.

"Servant of Deception. I have heard your plea, and now I answer your call. You are correct in assuming it is long past due time for these curs to learn of my power. I will grant you what you ask. I will come to the material world and lead you to a victory worth your years of servitude. I will let you rest at my right hand, afterwards, as my symbol...as my sword...as my vengeful striking hammer to all of those that oppose the darkness. You will be at the front gates of Szadin, and you wait for me. I will appear to you...and only to you, when the suns touch the horizon tomorrow evening. Rest now, my servant...for tomorrow, we have much to accomplish."

The rest came...but it did not last long... At the first light of the three suns, Szadek was awake, and awaiting the coming of Kagore. The wait, to him, was nearly unbearable. Already he could see the looks on the faces of all those who had betrayed him. Already, he could hear the horrific screams of those who would receive his pain a thousand fold. The very thought of it all made that maniacal smirk creep back to his facial features...and what was worse, was that he knew it was there...and yet...he allowed it to be so, going about his new routine of meditation as if the smile didn't exist.

Throughout the majority of that day, Szadek meditated...well into the evening. When he had finished, he stood slowly, and threw on the last remaining piece of royalty he had in his possession; an indigo robe with intricate gold lacing and broad shoulder-plating...made of an impossibly sturdy golden alloy. As he stepped through what remained of the doorway of his ramshackle home, Szadek gave the tiny dwelling a last farewell glance, before whipping his robe around himself and continuing outward. As he strolled - and strolled he did - away from the dwelling, Szadek opened his mind to a minor conjuration that he had studied and mastered whilst in the archives.

As this spell take shape, Szadek's own shape faltered. He shrunk a few inches in height, and slimmed. His pale skin, dark hair, vibrant amethyst eyes...all off his notable features vanished. He become no more than a being wrapped in something similar to Egyptian Silk, with the wrap around his waist and left shoulder hanging loosely to reveal a body that no longer existed. There was a small opening across the upper-center of the head, through which two tiny pinpricks of light shone in the stead of his once mesmerizing eyes...No...those that had shunned him away would not see this attack coming until it was far too late.
Back to top Go down
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek   From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Chapter 3 - The Onslaught

It did not take the Parun long to reach the outskirts of Szadin, and the Karthro Dynasty. There, he stood just outside the main gates of the fortress of Karthrion, looking past the massive gates of the fortress with his mind, as the gates interfered with the ability of the naked eye to see what they protected. Four guards stood sentry, two on either side of the gates...and one of them headed towards Szadek, his pike in hand. "Halt! State your name and business.", the guard demanded. Szadek looked towards the horizon before answering. The suns of Sadhadur had nearly set. He returned his gaze to the guard. "Szadek Karthro...and I am here for vengeance!" As the word 'vengeance' escaped his lips, a thunderous cry sounded in the air, and a massive spiral manifested a couple hundred yards behind the denied prince. As the roar thundered through the air, all four of the guards were brought to their knees, their hands pressed tightly against their ears. Szadek did nothing...not a flinch at the sound as he walked past the guards and released the latch on the gate lock. As the latch lifted, and the gates opened just slightly, Szadek pressed his hands against the thick wood and pushed them fully open.

From the spiral that had manifested above and behind Szadek, drew a massive creature, with a body like coal, and blood red plates of natural scale armor covering the great dragon-like wings, head, and neck of the beast. From the wrists, ankles, waist, wings, and neck of the massive being with opal eyes, hung a series of scorched chains, the latching ends long since gone. These chains could even be heard above the now wild cries of the patrons within the Dynasty as they clinked together when the creature's massive wings flapped. Kagore was material, and he swooped towards the Dynasty to give Szadek his stand against those who had wronged him, breathing a menacing bolt of dead energy over the landscape below. This bolt sucked the life from nature, withering the trees and killing the flowers and smaller plants. Most animals, with the exception of those that had free will, crumbled to the ground. Within seconds, the areas surrounding the Dynasty's fortress were reduced to a lifeless wasteland...and the Opal Eyes of Kagore were then turned on the Dynasty itself, as the God of Deception touched base on the top of the gates, he eyes set upon Szadek approvingly...it was time.

With yet another mighty roar, Kagore made himself known to the citizens of Karthrion, sending the peasants and guardsmen alike scattering for cover in their fragile homes. Szadek, now dropping the illusion cloak from around himself, made a straight path for the Keep, his eyes never blinking or leaving the room in which he knew his 'parents' were sheltered. They would be his first target. He would take them out of the picture, and then move to the elders. After, there would be none to stand in his way from placing himself on the throne and taking up the crown. That maniacal smile was back on his facial features once more...he was far more than ready to do this deed...and what was better? He was about to take what was rightfully his back from those who would have seen him off the throne. Today was to be a grand day, indeed.

As he pushed on, through the front gates of the Keep, Szadek called to the God of Deception again, his mind reaching outwards to the great winged beast. My lord...grant me the request of a weapon, I beg of you...so that I may show my own power, as well as yours. Then, as Kagore heard the calling, a hilt materialized in Szadek's grip. Within seconds, a violent purple glow had solidified into a blade from the hilt's guard, and as Szadek turned a corner to head down the hall leading to the stairwell which would take him to his mother and father's chamber, that mana-etched blade was brought upwards, diagonally, to parry the downward stroke of a curved scimitar blade, carried by one of Xain's most elite Devkarin guards...an elf that Szadek had known well in his younger years...a Devkarin Hunt Master by the name of Breai Kravagh.

"It has been some time, Breai...I heard rumors that you are a vampire hunter, now." He glared into Breai's yellow eyes, piercing his soul with the burn of hatred for both the Devkarin being a vampire slayer, and one of his father's Elites. The Devkarin didn't reply in kind, though, but instead brought his pole-arm to a full swing once again, blade aimed for Szadek's head. Another Parry with the mana-enhanced blade. "Fine then...if this is how you want to do it..." Szadek twirled once, striking downwards with his sword. Breai leaped back, but by the time his feet had touched ground, Szadek had thrust the blade forward, and directly into the Devkarin's chest, just half an inch under the sternum. Breai, however, did not fall under the fatal blow. Instead, the creature's yellow eyes went blank, and then glazed over for a second or two. When they had returned to a simply darker hue of their original appearance, Breai stood with his face to Szadek, lowering his head as he recognized a new leader. "My liege...I live to serve...My soul is your own. Do with me what you will."

'Come, Breai...we will fight, once more, side-by-side to rid this world of those who have wronged us...you have been my friend, once, when I was young. You will be my friend, again, when I am on the throne." Szadek gave a short nod to the Devkarin, and the two took off down the hall, heading for the Emperor's chambers...both cutting down each and every guard that came to meet them, some human, some vampire, and even a Devkarin or two. As they fell, each one that had been felled by Szadek's blade rose behind them and followed suit, until Szadek and Breai had a small army behind them. To Szadek, this was becoming much more great that what he had originally had in mind. Now, not only would he be the one to slay the current Karthro royals, but would also be the one that would be placed in the history books as a warmonger god, starting a revolution with those that he had slain.
Back to top Go down
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild
Joker's Wild

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek   From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:12 am

Chapter 4 - The Strike that Changed the World

The pathway to Throne Room was cleared quickly, and Szadek - followed closely by Breai and the numerous undead warriors that had been felled and re-risen by Szadek's blade - charged viciously through the doors, allowing the sheer momentum of himself carry his upper body to and through the thick steel-like protective barriers that were supposed to be there for the protection of the Royal Family. Apparently, however, this was not the case, as Szadek had absolutely no problem breaking the doors with his tackle. As the dust and debris from Szadek's wreck with the door settled, the sight before them made the two warriors at the front of the small revolution smile. The Royal Family stood, awestruck, and stared at Breai and Szadek with horror flashing brilliantly in their eyes. Szadek! Breai! What is the meaning of this!?", came the deep, bone chilling voice of the King, Xaiz. Szadek smirked to his father, bowing his head to his father and mother. When he rose it head, that deep purple aura that had been spiraling lazily around his blade vanished, bearing pure steel. The blade was raised swiftly, and brought up cleanly through Breai's mid-section. The Devkarin's upper body slid to the floor with a dull, wet 'thud'...leaving the lower half to twitch once before following suit.

"I am here to relieve you of your duties, father, and to take back what is rightfully mine! For too long, you have sat on that throne, while I...your only son...have rotted in solitude on an isle in the Krishal Divide! For too long, mother, you have denied my the pleasure of power behind the throne of my own Dynasty! You two have shunned me away...as you would a stray dog...and now...I return to show you the error the your ways!" With a single fluid motion, Szadek carried his body forward, towards his father. As he moved, he mother fled, only to be stopped dead in her tracks as Szadek flung the sword at her, catching her in the center of the spine and piercing her mid-section. He didn't have the time to see his mother hit the floor and waste away from being struck by the pure silver blade...no, because Xaiz was waiting for him, hands forward with fingers splayed to catch his son in mid-strike. The two collided, and fell to the floor, tumbling, and sending closed-fist punches that shook the atmosphere of the room into each other's skull.

Though the Throne Room was now full of them, none of Xaiz's Royal guards dared jump into the -quite literal- royal brawl on the ground. Instead, they began to clash with the army of undead that had been raised by Szadek's blade. The Throne Room had...within a matter of a minute or less...become a battlefront, with the center of the 'battle' being Szadek and Xaiz in the middle of the Throne Room's floor in a full-fledged fist brawl. The Elite guards where making good progress against the undead guards that had sided with Szadek...however, the power of Kagore's Blade kept the dead from staying as such for an extended period of time, and they kept jumping back up and into battle. The Dynasty's elite guards didn't have such luxuries to utilize...and soon, they found themselves outnumbered five to one...and worsening. It had taken Szadek's 'troops' little over seven minutes to dispose completely of the guards in the room...and while the Elite guards' swords and weapons lay all over the floor in the room, neither Xaiz or Szadek would break away from their personal beatings to grab for one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek   From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From The Beginning...to the Shadow Nexus | Szadek
Page 1 of 1